Cardiac / Heart Failure
Regency Hospital provides a team approach to cardiac care services. Everyone focuses on improving the patient's cardiac function while treating often complex medical needs. In Regency Hospital's smaller environment, we are able to give our patients their best chance of recovery by providing early and aggressive nursing and respiratory care. We combine that care with nutritional support, medication management, and rehabilitation therapies.
Our Heart Failure Program is designed to improve the quality of life for individuals with chronic heart failure. The program is based on recommendations by the American Heart Association and the American College of Cardiology. Since heart failure is a complex and chronic syndrome that requires lifelong management, the engagement and education of patients and families is a critical factor for success. We strive to break the cycle of readmission to acute care.
By combining experience, state-of-the-art technology and unparalleled training, our doctors, nurses and therapists provide a team approach for those with complex cardiac and medical conditions requiring an extended hospital stay.
Our services include:
- Daily physician assessments
- Low patient-to-nurse ratios
- 24-hour aggressive Respiratory Therapy
- On-site heart monitoring
- PT, OT, ST to promote independence and endurance
- Clinical Dietician and nutritional counseling
- Diagnostic radiology and laboratory services
- Clinical Pharmacy
Patients may need:
- Telemetry and other specialized monitoring
- IV medications and critical drips
- Aggressive respiratory care
- Prolonged IV antibiotics
- Post-operative care
- Wound care
Who will benefit?
Patients referred to Regency Hospital may have:
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Irregular heart beat
- Post-cardiac surgery
- Pre-op optimization
- Multiple hospitalizations for cardiac conditions
- Conditions requiring telemetry
- Cardiac conditions requiring new supplemental oxygen
- Administration of new cardiac medications that cannot be done at a lower level of care