As an extended care hospital, Regency provides an ideal setting to improve quality of life for individuals with renal disease. Our Renal Program is designed to provide highly effective, evidenced-based treatment that focuses on stopping or delaying the progression of Acute Renal Failure (ARF) or End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). Additionally, patients receive thorough education about their renal disease and any co-existing conditions.
Due to Regency Hospital's smaller environment, we are able to give our patients their best chance of recovery by providing early and aggressive nursing combined with nutritional support, medication management, and rehabilitation therapies.
By combining experience, state-of-the-art technology and unparalleled training, our doctors, nurses and therapists provide a team approach for those with complex renal conditions requiring an extended hospital stay.
Our services include:
- Daily physician assessments
- Low patient to nurse ratios
- Respiratory Therapy
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Clinical Dietician and nutritional support
- Radiology and laboratory services
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Patient/Family education
Patients may need:
- Specialized monitoring
- IV medications and critical drips
- Prolonged antibiotic therapy
- Respiratory care
- Prolonged IV antibiotics
- Post-operative care
Who will benefit?
Patients referred to Regency Hospital may be:
- Stage IV-V patients requiring dialysis support
- Acute renal failure patients who require dialysis pending kidney recovery
- Patients with other acute diagnoses who also need dialysis
- Pre- or post-transplant patients requiring dialysis support
- Patients with urosepsis and UTI who require close renal monitoring